August 6, 2022
The Shire of Easaraigh Presents: Warden’s Challenge: Nocked & Loaded
A Day of Archery, Live Weapons, Classes, and Fun!
Location: White County Fairgrounds Ag Building, 565 Hale Street, Sparta, TN 38583
Troll Opens at 8AM CST on 8/6/22. Activities Start at 9AM CST. Site closes at 7PM CST
Brigands, Poachers, & Thieves wander the Northern Plateau searching for easy prey, but our ever-vigilant Warden is determined for them to find no easy pickings.
The Warden’s Challenge will be an archery & live weapons-oriented skills-building event for the
populace to hone their accuracy and preparedness for driving off the ruffians. Rules, activities,
classes/salons, and menus will be posted to the web as they are known.
Take best route to the White County Fairgrounds in Sparta, TN. (http://whitecountyagfair.com/). From Interstate 40 (East from Nashville, West from Knoxville) take Exit #288 for Livingston/Sparta. Travel south on TN-111 for 12 miles. From all points south, take best route to TN-111 North to Sparta, TN. From TN-111, take exit for TN-289 S/N Spring Street. Turn East (Left if coming from North, Right if coming from South). Travel .9 miles, turn left onto Hale Street. The White County Fair Ag Building will be on the left. There will be SCA signs posted as you approach the site.
You can make your reservation online using the SCA Reservation System.
The Facebook Event for WC IV is up.
Schedule (Google sheet)
All times are subject to change.
Lunch Menu – Tour the Mediterranean
- Pan Roasted Pork and Vegetables: marinated pork, red onions, zucchini, bell pepper.
- Marinade ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, parsley, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper.
- Pan Roasted Vegetables: red onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, zucchini.
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad: pearl couscous, olive oil, grape tomatoes, red onions, english cucumber, chickpeas, kalamata olives, basil, feta cheese.
- Dressing: lemon juice, EVOO, dill weed, garlic cloves, salt, pepper.
- Pita Flatbread: all purpose flour, water, salt, olive oil.
- Mezze Platter:
- Pickled Onions: red onion, red wine vinegar, distilled white vinegar, salt, white sugar.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus: garlic, olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, salt.
- Tzatziki Sauce: cucumber, greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, white vinegar, salt, dill.
- Melizanosalata Dip: roasted eggplant, red onion, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Kalamata Olives.
- Feta Cheese.
- Fresh Fruit: watermelon, grapes, orange slices.
- Assorted Cookies
Looking for a place to stay? Hotels near Sparta, TN
Stewards: Lord Ronan of Axbridge
Feastcrat: Constance Saxham & Kelcie
Reservations: Lady Ceri Adain
DOGS/PETS: Are allowed on site with their rabies papers.
POP UP PAVILIONS: Will be allowed on the archery field at the discretion of the Marshal. No ground spikes. Bring appropriate weights. If you are concerned about the feet getting dirty (red clay), we recommend that you bring grocery or trash bags to cover them.
This is a DRY SITE. Sorry.